- Founding Partner
Represented thousands of clients in workers comp claims
He’s gotten Workers’ Comp clients partial and total disability for life
He’s represented clients in more than twenty-thousand hearings
Earlier in his career he represented insurance companies, so he knows what to do to be successful representing workers’ comp claims
Gary C. Angiuli is a founder and the managing partner of Angiuli & Gentile, LLP, a New York City law firm. He also serves as the supervising partner of the firm's Business, Franchise, and Real Estate Group.
As a seasoned advisor to entrepreneurs, Mr. Angiuli helps to identify potential legal problems and assists business owners in minimizing risk throughout their companies. He also advises those who want to purchase or sell businesses, providing comprehensive legal analysis at all stages of their transactions. He has extensive experience in business formation/corporate structure, acquisitions, negotiation, drafting and reviewing business-related contracts, shareholder/partnership agreements, commercial litigation, real estate transactions and the review of complex commercial leases. Mr. Angiuli has personally negotiated leases involving hundreds of thousands of feet of commercial office space in the New York City area.
For more than 20 years, Mr. Angiuli also has written, registered and reviewed Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDDs) for all types of businesses. He advises numerous franchisors as well as franchisees, assisting them with every aspect of their new franchise ventures. He has provided counsel to both start-up and experienced franchisors, having advised companies up to 250 units. Mr. Angiuli also represents clients in franchise-related litigation and acts as an advisor to national as well as local franchise clients.
He is a member of the Richmond County Bar Association, where he serves on the Judiciary Committee, and is a former member of the Association's Board of Directors. He is also a member of the New York State Bar Association and has served on the Board of Directors for the New York Workers' Compensation Bar Association. In addition, he has lectured on franchising, commercial leasing, and workers' compensation.
Mr. Angiuli's pro bono activities have included work on behalf of the Saint George Theatre, Seaman's Society for Children and Families, March of Dimes, Luzerne Music Center, Meals on Wheels, the YMCA, the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce, and the College of Staten Island Foundation, where he served as Vice President and on the Board of Directors.
He received his Juris Doctor from The American University, Washington College of Law and his Bachelor's Degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook. He was admitted to practice law to the New York Bar in 1984 and is admitted to practice before the New York State Supreme Court, the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York, and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Business Formation/Corporate Structure
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Commercial
- Drafting and Reviewing Business-Related Contracts
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Transactions
- Shareholder/Partnership Agreements
- New York, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1985
- U.S. District Court, 1985
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- Supreme Court of New York
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1983
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York
- B.A. - 1980
- Lecture, Franchising and Commercial Leasing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Richmond County Bar Association, General Member, Formerly Member of Board of Directors
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Society of New York Workers' Compensation Bar Association, Formerly Member of Board of Directors
- Richmond County Bar Association, Member, Judiciary Committee
- Association's Board of Directors, Former Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York Workers' Compensation Bar Association, Board of Directors
Pro Bono Activities
- Saint George Theatre, Member of Board of Directors
- Luzerne Music Center, Member of Board of Directors
- College of Staten Island Foundation, Formerly Vice President and Member of Board of Directors
- Meals on Wheels, Formerly Member of Board of Directors
- Staten Island YMCA, Formerly Member of Board of Directors
- Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Society for Children and Families
- March of Dimes
- Boy Scouts of America