- Elder Law & Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Estate Administration and Probate
- Veteran’s Benefits
In addition to overseeing all areas of the firm's practice, Ms. Gentile is the firm's lead attorney in the Estate Planning and Elder Law division. She counsels families on how to plan their estates to achieve their personal goals with an eye toward preserving assets for the benefit of future generations. Her estate planning work includes drafting documents such as Wills, Trusts (revocable and irrevocable), Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney and Family Agreements to protect her clients while they are alive and their loved ones' inheritance once they die. In connection with planning their estates, Ms. Gentile advises clients on business succession issues, charitable gifting, probate and administration matters, trust administration and related litigation. Additionally, she is well versed in assisting non-traditional couples and families including single parent households, same sex couples and those living with domestic partners with regard to their unique planning needs.
As a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Ms. Gentile has access to resources to assist clients with even the most complicated issues that occur in the ever-changing area of elder law. And as a United States Department of Veteran's Affairs Accredited Attorney, she is authorized to counsel veterans regarding their eligibility for non-service-connected (NSC) pension, often referred to as "Aid and Attendance", which could provide monetary assistance for those veterans of limited financial means whose unreimbursed medical expenses are outpacing their income.
Dedicated to being an active member of the community, Ms. Gentile is a Past Chair of the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce. She served as Chair of the Community Agency for Senior Citizens (CASC) where she remains a Board member, and she presently serves on the Board of Directors of Meals on Wheels of Staten Island, Inc. In addition, she is an avid volunteer for many causes involving the elderly and special needs population and offers frequent informational seminars to the public in the area of elder law.
Ms. Gentile is a magna cum laude graduate of the State University of New York at Albany and received her Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Brooklyn Law School in 1982. She was admitted to practice law in the State of New York in 1983 and in New Jersey in 1986, as well as to the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York and the U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, in 1986. She was admitted to practice law before the U.S. Supreme Court in 1988.
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: Recipient of the Order of the Barristers Award
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society Award With Distinction
- State University of New York, Albany, New York
- B.A. - 1979
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Economics and English
- New York, 1983
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Member
- New York State Women's Bar Association
- Richmond County Bar Association
- Staten Island Women's Bar Association
- Staten Island Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association (Elder Law and Estates & Trusts Sections)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited Attorney
- Staten Island Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc.
- Staten Island Chamber of Commerce, Board Member and Past Chair
- Community Agency for Senior Citizens (CASC), Board Member and Past Chair
- Meals on Wheels of Staten Island, Inc., Board Member
- Age-Friendly, NYC Commission, Mayoral Appointee
- Tort Division of the New York City Law Department, Assistant Corporation Counsel