Annamarie Gulino Gentile
Annamarie Gulino Gentile, a founder and partner of the New York City law firm of Angiuli & Gentile, LLP, assists individuals and families in preserving their wealth as supervising partner of the firm's Elder Law & Estate Planning groups.
Her estate planning work includes drafting documents including wills, living trusts (revocable and irrevocable), family agreements, health care directives, and durable powers of attorney. She also counsels clients on business succession issues, charitable giving, probate and administration matters, trust administration and litigation. In recent years, her estate planning practice has increasingly included advising non-traditional couples and families, including single parent households and those living with domestic partners.
In the area of elder law, Ms. Gentile advises families on how to protect life-long assets in the event that long-term care is required for themselves or their loved ones. She guides clients who are facing imminent admission to long-term care facilities or who are urgently in need of home care, through the Medicaid application process.
Ms. Gentile is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). She is also a Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited-attorney who assists veterans in their eligibility for a variety of benefits, including those available under the Aid and Attendance Program that is aimed at helping veterans and their spouses pay for personal care and assistance with daily living either at home or at an assisted living facility.
Ms. Gentile currently serves on the Board of the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. and is an active member in numerous bar associations, including the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, New York State Bar Association (Elder Law and Estates & Trusts Sections), New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the Richmond County Bar Association and the Staten Island Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Elder Law & Estate Planning
- Health Care Directives
- Probate and Administration Matters
- Trust Administration and Litigation
- New York, 1983
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: Recipient of the Order of the Barristers Award
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society Award With Distinction
- State University of New York, Albany, New York
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1979
- Major: Economics and English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Member
- New York State Women's Bar Association
- Richmond County Bar Association
- Staten Island Women's Bar Association
- Staten Island Trial Lawyers Association
- Numerous Bar Associations, Member
- New York State Bar Association (Elder Law and Estates & Trusts Sections)
Past Employment Positions
- Tort Division of the New York City Law Department, Assistant Corporation Counsel